Depression, Hearing Loss, and Treatment with Hearing Aids, by Victor Bray, PhD
Victor Bray, PhD, provides one of the most extensive literature reviews yet offered on this topic. What he shows is that—while hearing care professionals’ straightforward descriptions of why hearing loss can lead to depression may be generally correct—the actual relationship may be considerably more complex than previously thought. Dr Bray provides:
- An overview of depression, and the research linking hearing loss to major depressive disorder (MDD);
- Information on which of your patient populations are at greatest risk;
- Possible reasons for MDD and the most-common treatments for it;
- Information about a 2-question test that screens for depression, and
- Speculation on the future role of hearing healthcare in the co-management of MDD.
White Paper provided in partnership with